Why you shouldn't stop believing...

I hope I'm not yet too late for this. It's been a while since I've written a review but that's primarily because there hasn't been a movie that's worth watching. That is, of course, until around the end of November. Sadly, because of my hectic schedule, I only got to watch this yesterday. But nonetheless, I present to you my bet for the "Best Family Movie of 2012" in any award giving body.



Now, why would I consider this the best? It's because it teaches you the most important thing in family movies. Values. The entire movie is based on values that every child should grow up with. And writing a story that incorporates family values with a lot of action, comedy, and drama is really really hard. Believe me, you'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll be amazed at all the cool things that happens in this movie.

Now, I wouldn't want to disclose too much information about the movie, but here's a hint. Each "Guardian" has their own "Center", and it's related to the things they do. Santa Clause (even if he was turned into a Russian) celebrates Christmas.. Think about the things that Christmas is about (no, this has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Sorry Christians). The Tooth Fairy, whose job is to collect teeth, also has something to tell about why she collects teeth. But again, I leave it to you to watch the movie to find out. The Easter Bunny, whom I don't understand why he's Aussie, is a Badass rabbit with the heart for Easter Eggs (yes, his thing has something to do with the Christian meaning of Easter). The Sandman, who's known for letting people sleep, obviously has a sleep related thing to his "center". And Jack Frost? Although he's not really a guy children would look up to, his center actually makes sense when you think about it. And all of their centers can be connected to an important family value that every child should grow up to. If you didn't teach your children these lessons, then you didn't give them a childhood. It doesn't have to be these characters. It can even be anime. Sure, they're just cartoons, but for as long as the lessons that can be found in this movie can also be found in that anime, or maybe something similar, then you've done your job as a parent to give them a childhood.

Oh, and to make sure I keep your interest, the casting is awesome! Sure you have Chris Pine as Jack Frost, but you also have Alec Baldwin as Santa, Isla Fisher as the Tooth Fairy, Hugh Jackman as the Easter Bunny (that does not justify making the Easter Bunny an Aussie), and Jude Law as The Boogeyman! How awesome can their casting get, right?!

Overall, I'd rate this movie at 10/10. And I'd watch this movie again the minute someone asks me to watch it with them. But alas, I can't because I'm saving my funds for Christmas, and for The Hobbit. That journey, I was expecting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment